• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct X 8.1 SDK

This topic is 5832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can I get the DX8.1 SDK in a store or something? I found it on MSDN, and the download is like 165MB, and since I don''t have DSL (yet) I don''t want to punish myself by downloading the huge sdk. Is there somewhere where I can buy this on a CD? Or something? I will be getting DSL in 2 weeks or so (hopefully), but I need it within a few days. ...advice from the insane "Never underestimate the power of the stupid." ICQ #: 149510932

Advertisement
I remember when I was downloading DirectX 7 way back when, I saw on microsoft''s website where you could buy a cd with it on it. Maybe they don''t do that anymore. It was pretty cheap, just the cost of the cd and shipping.

Or you could do what I did - get GetRight or something else that lets you continue broken downloads and download it on your 56k. I did it and finish within 12-13 hours. I''ve downloaded plenty of files 100mbs plus.

When I had a 56k line I did that as well. I also would start the download at 10:00pm and just leave it to run overnight. You can also have GetRight hang up the phone for you if it finishes the download.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home

• Advertisement