Direct X 8.1 SDK

Started by
3 comments, last by Programmer One 22 years, 2 months ago
Can I get the DX8.1 SDK in a store or something? I found it on MSDN, and the download is like 165MB, and since I don''t have DSL (yet) I don''t want to punish myself by downloading the huge sdk. Is there somewhere where I can buy this on a CD? Or something? I will be getting DSL in 2 weeks or so (hopefully), but I need it within a few days. ...advice from the insane "Never underestimate the power of the stupid." ICQ #: 149510932
Advertisement
I remember when I was downloading DirectX 7 way back when, I saw on microsoft''s website where you could buy a cd with it on it. Maybe they don''t do that anymore. It was pretty cheap, just the cost of the cd and shipping.
I can get it to you for $2 plus $3.50 shipping.

Plus you can have anything else I have on my site put onto the CD up to 650MB. Just click to programming link in my sig to see what I have.

Ben

[The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | Programming | Gang Wars | The Wall]
Or you could do what I did - get GetRight or something else that lets you continue broken downloads and download it on your 56k. I did it and finish within 12-13 hours. I''ve downloaded plenty of files 100mbs plus.
"Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
When I had a 56k line I did that as well. I also would start the download at 10:00pm and just leave it to run overnight. You can also have GetRight hang up the phone for you if it finishes the download.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement