• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PointSoft

Linux Boot Up Help...

This topic is 6134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just installed Linux (Mandrake 8.0) on my computer, which already has Windows (XP) on it. When you start the computer up it sends you to a purpleish screen where you can pick between Linux, a few other options, and then Windows XP (displayed as "NT"). How can I edit the settings of this? I want it to last longer than 5seconds, and I want it to default Windows XP instead of Linux. Thanks for any help Alex Ford PointSoft EA Co., Ltd. http://www.pointsoftonline.com

Advertisement
I suppose on Mandrake there is something called drakeconf which is similar to linuxconf which should give you the ability to do that.

Otherwise just edit /etc/lilo.conf to suit your requirements and run /sbin/lilo to update the new configuration.

Hey! Thanks much! The first apporch didn''t quite work. I suppose Mandrake doesn''t have a DrakeConf thing. However, it did have a LinuxConf which (at this time and for this situation) was absolutely worthless. So then I tried the other approch. The lilo.conf thing worked great! Now it''s all setup the way I want it, thanks a bunch.

Alex Ford
PointSoft EA Co., Ltd.
http://www.pointsoftonline.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!