• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eibwen

CD3DFont & Fullscreen / windowed

This topic is 6158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want my application to allow fullscreen windowed mode switching. First time i create my D3D Device and i switch with a call to myd3ddevice->Reset(&newpresentationparams) with an error (device lost) I only draw some text with Microsoft's CD3DFont. But the Reset only fails if i have this CD3DFont class in my scene Thanks for any help. Edited by - Eibwen on February 4, 2002 9:37:49 AM

Advertisement
What kind of framerate are you getting with CD3DFont and what are your system specs? It seems to run slower than it can on my machine when I try to use it.

Moe''s Site

i fixed my problem. silly me.
there is a good reason why there is a d3dfont.RestoreDeviceObjects() method

Moe:

System Specs:
Intel Pentium 3 Mobile 1Ghz
GeForce2 Go 32MB
512MB Ram

The 3D Text example runs at ~200fps, but drops to around 150fps sometimes.

Interesting. My program appears to max out at 250fps in an 800x600x32 bit window on my celeron 466, 128mb ram, rage fury pro 32mb vid card. That and 85fps max in fullscreen.

Moe''s Site

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!