• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruiz

Holy Mp3 *g*

This topic is 6075 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! I''m trying to change my soundsystem in my game from .wav to .mp3. I do this with DSHOW8. But it gives me the problem: "Not resolved extern symbol _IID_IGraphBuilder" I should say i copied my source from the SDK... (uiii) I know people: link problems show that the programmer hasn''t this under "controle"! i have no libs includet for that. Need I? I have winmm.lib, and i tried it to take it out but then it gives me some linkerrors about something with time... I includet "dshow.h" have i forgot something???? Hope you can help me: Greets to all: C.Ruiz

Advertisement
I had this problem as well and did a search here for MP3 and Dshow info for this problem, and the strmiids.lib was the best solution offered.

I however still had a problem after linking this in, so I went and compiled the BGMusic example from the samples folder and it compiled fine so I just cut and paste from it''s project settings for the Link and C/C++ tabs and my mp3 code then compiled and worked fine, the only deal difference beyween the 2 I could see was that BGMUsic also linked in uuid.lib but not sure what that does atm, so I can''t confirm that is the issue.

That being said, try including strmiids.lib and if you still have the error then just try changing the project settings, as I can confirm that wokred for me with the same issue.

how about checking the docs? this is why coping code is without understanding it is BAD. try looking at the projectfile and see what libs are included. the you may wish to give dxguid.lib a try

#define INIT_GUID is anther way to go as well (though i may have spelled that wrong).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!