Holy Mp3 *g*

Started by
3 comments, last by cruiz 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi all! I''m trying to change my soundsystem in my game from .wav to .mp3. I do this with DSHOW8. But it gives me the problem: "Not resolved extern symbol _IID_IGraphBuilder" I should say i copied my source from the SDK... (uiii) I know people: link problems show that the programmer hasn''t this under "controle"! i have no libs includet for that. Need I? I have winmm.lib, and i tried it to take it out but then it gives me some linkerrors about something with time... I includet "dshow.h" have i forgot something???? Hope you can help me: Greets to all: C.Ruiz
Advertisement
Link "strmiids.lib" to your project. Should help!
I had this problem as well and did a search here for MP3 and Dshow info for this problem, and the strmiids.lib was the best solution offered.

I however still had a problem after linking this in, so I went and compiled the BGMusic example from the samples folder and it compiled fine so I just cut and paste from it''s project settings for the Link and C/C++ tabs and my mp3 code then compiled and worked fine, the only deal difference beyween the 2 I could see was that BGMUsic also linked in uuid.lib but not sure what that does atm, so I can''t confirm that is the issue.

That being said, try including strmiids.lib and if you still have the error then just try changing the project settings, as I can confirm that wokred for me with the same issue.
w3rd cruiz, uuid stands for "Universally Unique Identifiers"... I think, someone correct me if I am wrong?
-Senses
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
how about checking the docs? this is why coping code is without understanding it is BAD. try looking at the projectfile and see what libs are included. the you may wish to give dxguid.lib a try

#define INIT_GUID is anther way to go as well (though i may have spelled that wrong).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement