Good download sites?

Started by
4 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 2 months ago
Hello fellows, I would like to talk with you about download sites. In the past there were a lot of good ones, but they seem to get bought up all and most more or less quit service. Right now I only know of two decent sites: CNet and maybe Tucows. In my opinion all other seem to have too few downloads to really care about them. Or?

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
2HaveIt.com has done well by me the past couple of months.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Seems that the significance of a single web page, like download.com, zdnet.com, tucows.com, etc., has greatly diminished.

Maybe it''s because search engines like Google and directories like Yahoo have largely replaced the need for centralized "shareware web pages"?

DavidRM
Samu Games
Uhm. 2HaveIt.com? Max. downloads seem to be 500 there. I consider this pretty low.

And you mean you get most visits from Yahoo & co? I always thought they are pretty useless for our business!

Edited by - Jester101 on February 5, 2002 2:24:18 AM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

The "downloads" count on 2HaveIt.com aren''t accurate. I had nearly 10,000 hits on The Journal last month from 2HaveIt, but I think the "downloads" count on 2HaveIt''s The Journal link shows about 60.

I had never paid them any attention either, until last fall when just being listed on their "What''s New" page for a couple days generated a noticeable spike in page hits.

DavidRM
Samu Games
For Artifact, most of our traffic comes from MPOGD.com, though we also get a noticeable amount of traffic from Yahoo and a scattering from other "multi-player game" list sites like Multiplayer.com.

DavidRM
Samu Games

Hi!

I have good experiences with cnet.com. I was surprised that my (free) little game euroshooter was downloaded nearly 3000 times.

But i hope i will not have problems with my provider. 3000 downloads each 857KB seems a lot of bandwidth.

What''s if i make a really good great game ? If there are perhaps 20000 downloads.... and no money for paying the provider ?

Where do you host your games ?

Greetings
McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement