• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

triangle strips an multiple texture coordinates

This topic is 5918 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ya all, i have a problem i have seen a lot o model renderer that uses 3 texture coords ( a pair of float ) for each triangle the mesh i built of, since i use triangle strips to render fast the model , it happen that i can only give a unique texture coord for each point since i don''t draw the triangles as if they were separated, but in a long strip , i would like to get some feedback on that, how do you draw your models i''ve tried to import a quake2 model but the texture are cracked in some points due to the fact that some vertices uses more than one texture coord. so , is there another way to avoid this probelm ?????????? thanks , and sorry for my english

Advertisement
Thanks for the link to your site, is the answer hidden there or were you just too tired to write anything ?

the answer is ''duplicated vertices'' ie repeat the vertices that have different texture coodinates

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

I can figure out how can they be repeated during a triangle strip loop, anyway i''ll keep on working, i''ll be back....

Guest Anonymous Poster
That''ss not a real solution, but maybe, u could create one strip per texture.
I guess that it wouldn''t slow down too much.

Lion

one strip per texture? , are you joking or what ???

• Advertisement