• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theguest

Really need some help

This topic is 6104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to start programing in GL, I''ve use DirectX alot, but it doesn''t seem to be the best choice for what I''m doing right now.. Anyways, How can I configure the way GL looks on my computer? This is why I ask: On my friend''s Computer, I got this GL Demo and ran it, it went super fast, but looked really bad.. Then, I ran the same demo on My computer, it looked perfect, but ran choppy! we have the generaly same speed computers.. Do I need some type of accelerator? Thanks!

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by theguest
we have the generaly same speed computers.. Do I need some type of accelerator?

Heh. Yes, you generally need a video card that supports OpenGL acceleration to use OpenGL with both decent speed and decent quality. List the hardware and software that both of the computers have; we can tell you why it runs fast or slow or looks good or bad. Demos are normally meant to be somewhat taxing of your computer and use newer features.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!