what do u use to make meshs or .x files??

Started by
1 comment, last by baddrizz 22 years, 2 months ago
hello i''m just starting dx8 and have go to the part where i want to start using meshs and or .x files(there the same thing are they?)but don''t know what prog makes them so i''m hoping u guys can tell me some perferably free''s but it don''t matter thx
Advertisement
if you want to load meshes in your d3d-application the normal ase-format should be easy to use. i used it for an open-gl prog. the strucure of this format is realy easy and you have any information you will need. and the best: i heard you can make this file with 3DSMax. Max also have a optimizert for low-polygon models. hope i could help you.
You''ll need a 3D modeling application. Milkshape 3D is free for 30 days, and only costs something like $20 after that. http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ . On the first game I worked on, (not that long ago) I did all of the artwork in 30 days using MS3D. Other programs, such as 3D Studio Max, Lightwave, and Maya cost several hundred dollars. If you have cable or dsl, morpheus/kazaa is always an option. You''ll probably find that you need to use your own file format. How you do that is up to you, but you''ll probaly want to get the vertices out of a .x file.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement