new to opengl

Started by
13 comments, last by cd36 22 years, 2 months ago
I know very little C++ but I''m not finding that too much of a problem doing opengl with it so you should be fine
Advertisement
I disagree on that. I feel that OpenGL would be very difficult if
you don''t have a good understanding of programming(in General).
Program for a few months in C++ or BASIC to get the idea of programming.
After which I would recommend learning some windows programming (MFC or Win32 API) and vector math, matrice math and geometry.
I''ve been programming fro 7 years now(working as a Web Devloper right now) and just recently got introduced to OpenGL. I am finding it very challenging but am sorta getting the hang of it.
L8r.
-----------------------------"Q: How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?A: None. Bill Gates will just redefine Darkness(TM) as the new industry standard. "~wUn LoVe tO aLl ThE mAlUs OuT tHeRe!~
sure, I definately wouldn''t recommend learning opengl without a good knowledge of programming in general
hrm...well i''ve taken a course in VB...and done a bit of C++....but could anyone point me to a good site to learn some more C++?
www.cprogramming.com

DirectX and OpenGL are not programming launguages, A game is just a bunch of function and variables interacting with each other. The whole game is running in the background and what you see on the screen is just a visual representation of what the variables represent. And in order to draw these graphics to the screen you use either OpenGL or D3D (assumeing you want high quality graphics).
www.EberKain.comThere it is, Television, Look Listen Kneel Pray.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement