Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogle

Borland project question

doogle    475
Is there any way to make a new project in borland 3 without all that form crap? Ive tryed making a new application and then just closing the form ("unit1.cpp") it comes up with, but it wont let me have a header file for "project1.cpp". I hope i am making sense here, maybe i''m just going the wrong way about it... thanks doogle

Hway    122

I''m assuming you mean Borland C++Builder 3...

Select File->New...->Console Wizard; from there, select either ''Console'' or ''Win32'', depending on your needs. It still don''t allow your project''s main cpp file named arbitrarely (it must have same name with the project) but otherwise it works pretty well.

doogle    475
actually, one mare question on this topic:

Why wont it let me have a header file for the projects main cpp file? is there a reason for it, or am i doing something wrong?

Hway    122

Well, BCB4 doesn''t allow ''main'' to have header either. Why do you need that header in the first place, though? Header contains information of ''child'' modules to ''parent'' modules; but in case of main project file, there is no ''parent'' module... (well, with libraries, but this is app we''re talking about here...)
There are some cases some global flags are required, though, but those are passed as compiler parameters or in (for example) globals.h ...