Browsing to a folder

Started by
4 comments, last by Zeke 22 years, 2 months ago
I need to get the user of my app to choose a folder (to export a load of images into). But I dont know how to get the user to choose a folder. I can do the usual OPENFILEHEADER struct and GetSaveFileName() to get the name of a single file to save soemthing to but not a folder. The only way I can find to do this is to have an edit box for them to type it into but this is nowhere near ideal. Has anyone got any idea''s? Thanks for any info you can offer
Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
Advertisement
You can use SHBrowseForFolder().
Thanks very much
Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
dr_w0rd: Is there a book on Win32 that has nearly everything? Where do you get your information? MSDN?
Programming Windows xyz by Charles Petzold (Microsoft Press), the definitive guide to the Windows architecture and the Win32 API. The xyz represents the various versions out - 95, 98, 2000 I believe, and probably XP too. Just buy the latest.

Many people also don''t know how to use MSDN effectively. Apart from searching the index (which not enough people do), the CD-ROM version of the MSDN Library comes with several online books (look under the Contents panel) as well as a search tool.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I have Windows Programming From the Ground Up by Herb Schildt. It teaches the concepts well enough and I''m quite capable of learning new dialogs and everything. But what it doesn''t teach are stuff like load or save dialogs. I had to search in MSDN. Which is fine, but I think that books make easier reference.

So I''m looking for a reference book rather than one which teaches the architecture.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement