Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

black_mage_s

Bad idea for a game

Gorg    248
Sim school.

The point of the game is pass every class from kindergarden to university and get a degree!

Ronin_54    122
Sim Gamedeveloper?

Keep your Gamedeveloper happy and creative, so that he creates the best ideas. Make sure that the house stays messy (improves creativity), and that he gets fired often (otherwise he becomes to focused on a single thing), and make sure that the lovelife goes okay (just try to find a programmer chick for him! )

-Maarten Leeuwrik
"Some people when faced with the end of a journey simply decide to begin anew I guess."

eldee    122
i had an idea called Sim Sim Sims.
you have like... 6 different people playing the sims, and you
gotta make sure they take care of their sims and remember to buy
the latest sim addons.
can you say BEST SELLER?!?

werd

-eldee
;another space monkey;

markhsch    122
Sim Meat Donuts,

You are an inventor who thinks that meat donuts will eventually catch on if only people would get over the fact that they are donuts made out of meat. You have to manage advertising costs, invent new recipes (ketchup glazed meat donut, onion sprinkle meat donut, etc...) as well as keep your employees from eating the meat donuts because they know how yummy they are.

What do you think? Maybe I should like do this in real life. Would you eat a meat donut?

-Mark

eldee    122
Did anybody else notice how all these bad game ideas are "SIM"
titles?

I hope you''re listening maxis!!

-eldee
;another space monkey;

Brobanx    136
Dude, how about a game where you sit there, and wait for some stupid deer to come by. We can call it "Deer Hunter", and have more than 5 sequels and add-ons cause everyone loves wasing their time!

OK OK, enough Sim games.

How bout DotCom Tycoon? You have to convince investors to give you funds to startup your dot-com company, and you pay for advertising, and then you file for bankruptcy.

~CGameProgrammer( );

amish1234    104
I have also thought of the idea of making a game where you are a game developer. Just distribute burned copies of MS visual C++, and put the DX8 SDK on there as well.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.

Scrowubit    122
The Sims: 2
so obvious you all were thinking it in the back of your minds

No offence intended but im waiting for some girls to start flaming this thread, then things will start to get interesting :D

Sue me for the steriotyping.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Extreme Nose-Picker 3000. Development of this is put on hold until VR advances far enuff that the winner can taste his prize.

IADaveMark    3740
Custodian Tycoon
(Mopping, washing, repairing, and going through people''s desks after hours... what fun!)

Sim Doorman
(You have to get taxis, hold doors, and remember gossip of who comes to visit various tennants of the building you work at.)

Bathroom Attendant Tycoon
(You have to adjust your appearance, towel-handing performance, etc. to get better tips.)

School Cafeteria Lady Tycoon
(Through clever choices of a variety of hair nets and giving bigger servings to the right people you move your way up through the ranks of the worst food service industry in the world)

Dave Mark
Intrinsic Algorithm Development

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

You know some of these ideas might be worth doing just for the comedy value. Imagine, if you will, an adventure game based around the life of a poor twenty-something who sells meat doughtnuts during the day (Sim Meat Doughnut), works as a doorman at night (Sim Doorman), and must get through traffic to get there (Sim Traffic). Of course, there''d be a larger plot going on, so you wouldn''t be getting nowhere.

THE Omega    122
Lol Sim Afghanistan, that''s great.

The other day, my friend and I were thinking about how cool it''d be if we went over and started Afghani Online. And when you sign on, Osama would say "You''ve got mail!"

How bout Sim Professional Wrestler Costume Designer. You design the stupidest clothes you can and see how many people like it anyway.

Or maybe Sim Male Cheer Leader. You have to take psychological abuse everyday but after school, you get to look up cheer leaders'' skirts.

TechnoHydra    122
Sim Window-Washer;
You live in New York City, you start on the street trying to wash windshields, while at the same time avoid getting run over and putting up with the "finger" all day long, Eventually you move on to bigger and better buildings and skyscrapers, avoid pidgeon crap and wind gusts. Woohoo, you even get to occationally peep into windows and watch interoffice romances? Could be interesting.