• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

feedback mode help needed

This topic is 5864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, me and my friend are working on a game, it's called war worms (www.warwormsdev.f2s.com) and here's a screenshot of what we've got so far. and u can download the executable from the site (www.warwormsdev.f2s.com), if you want. my question if regarding the feedback mode. i need to render a 2d scene, and kind of save the colour of each pixel to memory, so that i can put the same scene, without re-rendering a very high number of triangles, but putting it in a different position on the screen. i read that the feedback mode can render not to the screen, but feed back the rendered information to you (so that i can save it in memory). can any please help me do this? note: the rendered 2d scene will not fit on the screen. i'm wondering if using GL_FEEDBACK is the right thing to do here, or maybe there's a differnt way of doing it? any help is greately appreciated. thanks, shurcool Edited by - shurcool on February 6, 2002 8:40:45 AM

Advertisement
>>i need to render a 2d scene, and kind of save the colour of each pixel to memory, so that i can put the same scene, without re-rendering a very high number of triangles, but putting it in a different position on the screen.<<

feedback is not what u want, chuck the image into a texture + redraw that or else u can use the wgl_buffer_region extentsion

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

i can''t use textures cuz they don''t support non-standard sizes, and i need pixel accuracy here.

any other ideas?

what about those pixel operations? like GetPixel, or PutPixel (i don''t remember the exact names)? can i use them, or is there a better way?

thanks,
shurcool

• Advertisement