Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shurcool

feedback mode help needed

hi, me and my friend are working on a game, it's called war worms (www.warwormsdev.f2s.com) and here's a screenshot of what we've got so far. and u can download the executable from the site (www.warwormsdev.f2s.com), if you want. my question if regarding the feedback mode. i need to render a 2d scene, and kind of save the colour of each pixel to memory, so that i can put the same scene, without re-rendering a very high number of triangles, but putting it in a different position on the screen. i read that the feedback mode can render not to the screen, but feed back the rendered information to you (so that i can save it in memory). can any please help me do this? note: the rendered 2d scene will not fit on the screen. i'm wondering if using GL_FEEDBACK is the right thing to do here, or maybe there's a differnt way of doing it? any help is greately appreciated. thanks, shurcool Edited by - shurcool on February 6, 2002 8:40:45 AM

>>i need to render a 2d scene, and kind of save the colour of each pixel to memory, so that i can put the same scene, without re-rendering a very high number of triangles, but putting it in a different position on the screen.<<

feedback is not what u want, chuck the image into a texture + redraw that or else u can use the wgl_buffer_region extentsion

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

i can''t use textures cuz they don''t support non-standard sizes, and i need pixel accuracy here.

any other ideas?

what about those pixel operations? like GetPixel, or PutPixel (i don''t remember the exact names)? can i use them, or is there a better way?

thanks,
shurcool