Drawing to a Bitmap

Started by
1 comment, last by wall 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi! I''m trying to draw to a bitmap with OpenGL. The problem is that the rendered image appears in the top right corner of the bitmap. Everything works fine if I render to a normal window though. Help would be apreciated. Here''s my code: HDC DC; HBITMAP Bitmap; BITMAPINFO Info; byte *Bits; DC = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL); memset(&Info, 0, sizeof(Info)); Info.bmiHeader.biSize = sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER); Info.bmiHeader.biWidth = ThisImage->m_uiWidth; Info.bmiHeader.biHeight = ThisImage->m_uiHeight; Info.bmiHeader.biPlanes = 1; Info.bmiHeader.biBitCount = 24; Info.bmiHeader.biCompression = BI_RGB; Bitmap = CreateDIBSection(DC, &Info, DIB_RGB_COLORS, (void**)&Bits, NULL, 0); SelectObject(DC, Bitmap); PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd; int PixelFormat; memset(&pfd, 0, sizeof(pfd)); pfd.nSize = sizeof(pfd); pfd.nVersion = 1; pfd.dwFlags = PFD_DRAW_TO_BITMAP | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL; pfd.iPixelType = PFD_TYPE_RGBA; pfd.cColorBits = 24; pfd.cRedBits = 8; pfd.cGreenBits = 8; pfd.cBlueBits = 8; pfd.cDepthBits = 0; PixelFormat = ChoosePixelFormat(DC, &pfd); SetPixelFormat(DC, PixelFormat, &pfd); HGLRC RC; RC = wglCreateContext(DC); wglMakeCurrent(DC, RC); SetViewport(); DrawImage();
Advertisement
I could understand it if your image was vertically flipped (the DIB section you''re creating is upside down. To get the top-left of the image to be the first line in memory you need to pass a negative height in the BITMAPINFOHEADER. What viewport and projection settings are you using?

Iain Hutchison
Programmer, Silicon Dreams
The views expressed here are my own, not those of my employer.
Iain HutchisonProgrammer, Silicon DreamsThe views expressed here are my own, not those of my employer.
Here''s my viewport/projection settings:

glViewport(0, 0, Width, Height);

glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();

glOrtho(0, Width, 0, Height, -1, 1);

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();

Again, you can only see the bottom left corner of the rendered image in the top right corner of the bitmap...So it''s like the image has been moved up and to the right. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement