help this pitiful soul

Started by
18 comments, last by Moe 24 years, 1 month ago
I found the place where i spelled nWinName wrong. Is it just me or is windows programming a big pain in the butt?
Advertisement
no Moe, it isn''t just you.. windows programming is a pain in the.. uhh, butt...
i''m a bit new to it myself, though i''m starting to get a handle on it.. (i''ve found Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus very useful) i use VC++ 6, though, and i''m not sure how much is compiler specific, so i don''t know if i can help..
as a suggestion, if you could include which line each error was referenced too, it''d make it alot easier to find the problem.
just know that you''re not alone. dos/unix programming is so nice and pure. windows is the spawn of satan. but DirectX is so sexy...
by the way, Moe, the Game Design Corner probably wasn''t the best place to post this. you''d probably get more responses (and help) is you posted it somewhere in the technical/programming section, or the lounge.
You need something after your #include :-)
Saruman, i''m sure there was something after the #include.. i think the message board supports HTML tags, so anything contained in less than and greater than will be interpretted as a tag, and therefore ignored if the browser doesn''t recognize it.. someone previously mentions the code tag..
an example:
(without the code tag)
#include
(with the code tag
#include
oh.. interesting..
i suppose i should use code tag next time, and i will be sure to post it somewhere like graphics theory, or something.

there was a windows.h after the #include

- Moe -

I still couldn''t see what you included. I''m using IE5, maybe it''s just stupid that way.

How about the "pre" tag? I''ll try it...

#include 

could you see that?

E:cb woof!
Ack! I still didn''t see it.

it seems to work fine with IE4. maybe there is some glitch in IE5. who knows...

i thought this post would have been long dead by now...

- Moe -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement