Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIGMA

DLL Linker Error

Hello, I''ve got an external dll file that has an include to a different project in a different folder that contains the class that contains the prototypes for the functions in the dll. However, when I go to compile the dll, I recieve a linker error that resembles this: D3DGfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GfxInterface::RenderTriangle(void)" (?RenderTriangle@GfxInterface@@UAEXXZ) I realize that is similar to a linker error when a .h file and two .cpp files get messed up; however, unlike that kind of error, I can''t seem to fix this one no matter what I try. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Note: all the functions in the dll that are in that class are reporting errors like the one above. Thanks, -Jesse

This is a linking error, usually caused by a missing library. Or if you are using function inling and not declaring the functions in the h file but are instead declaring them in the cpp file.

What kind of DLL is this?

You are welcome to email me the project in a zip file and I will debug it for you.

bryan@innerlogix.com

Ha ha ha, oh geez, I am one big stupid moron... I forgot when I was defining the virtual functions to set them to null!! Ha! Thanks for the help anyways, it''s appreciated...
-Jesse