Nonstandard Texture Sizes?

Started by
17 comments, last by SpazBoy the Mitey 22 years, 2 months ago
HOW??????????? DO???????????? I????????????? GET??????????? THEM?????????? ??????????????
I''m not interested, really.
Advertisement
GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV extension
Though that only works on GeForce and above nVidia cards

-----------------------
chain=chain->chain;
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
I believe you can use all kinds of bitmap sizes for texture generating if you enable mipmapping
Or you can pad the bitmap with 0 alpha
gluBuild2DMipmaps(...)
This function will convert any bitmap to an OpenGL texture.
baumep
You can NOT use nonstandard texture sizes as mipmaps, not even with the NV_texture_rectange extension. NV_texture_rectangle does not support mipmaps. And gluBuild2DMipmaps will rescale the image to standard sizes before it''s uploaded as a texture, that''s why some people think they can use non-power of two texture dimensions.
quote:Original post by Brother Bob
You can NOT use nonstandard texture sizes as mipmaps, not even with the NV_texture_rectange extension. NV_texture_rectangle does not support mipmaps. And gluBuild2DMipmaps will rescale the image to standard sizes before it''s uploaded as a texture, that''s why some people think they can use non-power of two texture dimensions.

I saw nothing in his question to do with mipmapping

-----------------------
chain=chain->chain;
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Neither did I. But Subotron mentioned mipmaps and non standard dimensions. I just said you can''t use non-power of two dimensions with mipmaps. And since we''re also talking about the texture rectangle extensions, I added that not even with that extensions, you can get mipmaps with non power of two dimensions.
OH WELL I WILL JUST HAVE TO MAEK TEH TEXTURE NICE AND BIGGIES
SO IT SCALES NICE
I''m not interested, really.
When you load the image, stretch it to fit a square.

Then just draw it again as a rectangle (ie not a square).

Simple.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement