• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elis-cool

moving on...

This topic is 5951 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m just about to finsh C++ for dummies and want to know what to go on to next. I was thinking C++ the complete refernce 4th edition or maybe a windows programming book; any suggestions? What about Tricks of the game programming gurus by Andre LeMothe'' (sorry for the incorrect spelling) but its in C not C++, i''ve heard its good but I want to learn C++ not C.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by elis-cool
I''m just about to finsh C++ for dummies and want to know what to go on to next. I was thinking C++ the complete refernce 4th edition or maybe a windows programming book; any suggestions?
What about Tricks of the game programming gurus by Andre LeMothe'' (sorry for the incorrect spelling) but its in C not C++, i''ve heard its good but I want to learn C++ not C.

C++ is a superset of C, so when you learn C you are in fact learning some C++. I would say go for LaMothe''s Gurus book, or his Windows Game Programming for Dummies (I haven''t read that one, but I hear it is good).

Best book on C++ ever written is Thinking in C++ , by Bruce Eckell

It is a PDF format. You can buy a printed copy if you want or just go with the electronic version. I have both. It is clear, consice and very well written.

Landsknecht

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!