• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robert_s

FMOD question

This topic is 5982 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all! I know its not an FMOD forum but you guys must use this sound system in your demos so you might be able to help me! In my game I added the FMOD sound to one of my racing cars engine. At the moment when driving the car you can hear the cars engine sound which is looped. I still want to play the same sound by looping it but whenever I increase the accelerator I want to hear a heigher tone of the sound and whenever I decrease the accelerator in the car then the sound should go to some lower tone. Just like it happens in a real car engine ie. if you accelerate then the engine increases its rotation/per minute which makes the engine to work louder and also it changes the tone to some higher tone. I don''t want to just increase the volume. I already know how to do it. I want to increase the sound tone. Just like in music you have a tone eg. Tone "C" and then "Cis" and the next tone would be "D". How Can I achieve this effect. Some code examples or a tutorial on this would be a huge help! or anything!! Thanks!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!