DirectShow problems: DVDSample.exe doesnt even run.

Started by
0 comments, last by GalaxyQuest 22 years, 2 months ago
Ok im on a Windows2000 machine here at work. I installed directx 8.1 sdk with samples. So, i go to test out a sample from samples/multimedia/bin/DVDSample.exe but the program crashes with the following: "ASSERT Failed: IsRectEmpty(&pTrgInfo->rcTarget)==TRUE At line 233 of e:\dx8_2\multimedia\filters\image\dither\dither.cpp" (This machine doesnt EVEN HAVE A DRIVE E!) I go to another machine(newer, but using win2000) and install directx sdk. Go to same sample and the sample works. Anyone encounter this. I am working on a DVD project and not being able to run directshow samples is not good. I know I am graping at straws but thought I would ask anyways.
Advertisement
first off, does your pc have dvd support. ie if you run dvdplay form the run menu it works (you must have a dvd in the drive before running). if it dont, then dvd is screwed on your machine when doing things with directshow. the debug message is relating to the developers machine paths. naturally the exe does not magically know where the source is on your pc (if the source is even avaible for your pc). though this looks liek your dvd filters are not installed correctly since it works on other pcs. you should make sure you have the latest service packs as well that you can even play dvds on your pc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement