Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coderx75

Enhance game performance

coderx75    435
Hi guys! *waves hand* I''ve been programming games since, like, before all of you were born. But I''ve been working on this one game and I''m having performance issues. It''s written in Basic on my Commodore 64 because, the C64 is like, better than all of your computers put together... times ten!!! ...and it allows me the freedom to do the things I want to do... without having to learn anything new. My problem is that I want to program in DirctorX or whatever it''s called but I can''t find an API for the C64. I was also wondering if any of you have converted from the C64 to a P4 >1GHz and if you noticed any speed difference? Which is better? I mean, I know the C64 is easier to program and there''s no POSSIBLE reason I''d EVER want to switch to ANYTHING else but I''m tired of working at McDonald''s and would hope to have a career some day... in GAME DEVELOPMENT!!! Because it looks so easy... just get a level editor and VC++ and you''ll have a game in no time, ya know? And could you also tell me where I can get information on how to start making games for the windows platform. I''d look on the net but my 300baud modem can''t handle it. And can you please just tell me what I want to hear because if you don''t I''ll have a temper tantrum. Thank you =) P.S. I was gonna leave out the punctuation but that''d just be TOO realistic =b hehehehe Peace! Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view
Get Tranced!

coderx75    435
Oh yeah, I''ll post anonymously next time I feel a sense of humor brewing =b Thanks =)

"Breathe deep... hold... and release."
-The Way to a Better Sphincter"

Dude, that''s a new sig!

Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Get Tranced!