Is it time FPS’s grew up ?

Started by
32 comments, last by Nomax5 20 years, 8 months ago
I sort of agree with the real pain thing. Obviously, if you got shot with a shotgun in the game, you shouldn''t get that sort of damage in real life (assuming we had the technology ), but supposing you were shot in the head with a pistol, either you''d feel like somebody had just flicked you in the forehead (you''d be able to turn real damage on and off, just like other options in games, like blood, etc.), making you try to avoid it. OR, if there was some technology that didn''t ACTUALLY harm you, but messed around with your brain to think you were, and feel it (you''d be able to set the level of simulation), that''d be really cool, making an immersive game ONLY for people who want that, if they don''t, they just have to go to the options menu and set the real pain simulation level to 0. Simple. Also, people would know what it''s like in that kind of situation, and try to avoid trouble in real life. Maybe if you die in the game, you see a bright light, while you''re dead, until you respawn (virtual reality - you actually SEE the world - more messing with the brain. ^_^), and you get a load of static electricty go through you lol.
Advertisement
@AP2; Dude I wouldn''t want to get near something that is able to inflict real damage, not as long as MS''s still around..hm that migth make the meaning of "bluescreen of death" literal..

-Luctus
Statisticly seen, most things happens to other people.
[Mail]
-LuctusIn the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
FPSs as a group should never "grow up," because then, they will get bogged down. Many players love FPSs for their simplicity and non-stop action, not for the mind-numbing gouts of blood and realistic bone-crunching effects. Those are just a side benefit for most. o_O

On the other hand, there will always be people like me, who LOVE games like Deus Ex, no matter how old they get and no matter what the graphics whores have to say about them. This game rules. I suggest you try it some day, if you want to see what a grown-up FPS that''s still fun should play like. The multiplayer version of this game, particularly, is packed with strategy.

However, I''m still waiting for somebody to make a mod that allows cooperative multiplayer play in the main game. That would be too easy, even on the hardest setting, but it would still pwn anything else I''ve ever played.
The most hilarious thing about this thread is that the original poster did a fly by posting. He made his original statement, then ran off never to return. This obviously was not a subject that he really gave a shit about.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement