Are there any Prolog Programmers!!

Started by
5 comments, last by Woody FX 22 years, 2 months ago
Or is it just a Myth!! They''re like the Unicorns!! I is in need of some serious help!
Advertisement
I know prolog.

If you''ve got a question, post it. Cries for nonspecific help don''t do anyone much good.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I know prolog.

Interesting. I know the basic premise of Prolog, but I have never programmed in it. However, I know quite a bit about the foundation of Prolog. Prolog uses SLD resolution. I find full fledged resolution refutation much more interesting. It completely eliminates any inconsistency, and enables reasoning with disjunctive knowledge.

LOL!!! Yeah i know a bit of prolog....doin it in college!!

But i want to know is there an expert on it... as i''ve do do a Gin Rummy game in Prolog... and i need help!!
As I said, Woody FX, if you have a question post it, and I and others familiar with prolog programming will try to answer it. Also a general observation: Multiple ! make you lose style points.

bishop_pass: I''ve seen Prolog executors (or maybe they''re technically prolog-like languages) that use other resolution techniques. But good ''ol SDL still works in most situations.
I started with Prolog. It has been a LONG time, though..

I''ll have to reiterate what the other AP already said: If you have a question, post it and I''ll try to help..

Well, aside from your style points being influenced inversely by the number of exclaimation points in your post, and the loss of points from posting twice without actually asking your question, you also get points off for looking for help with a programming assignment. The reason is twofold:

First, they''ve assigned it to you for a reason: buckle down and figure out how to do it yourself.

Second, many on these forums have already gone to college. They didn''t graduate so they could do your homework. Some of us are still going to college, in which case we''re CERTAINLY not going to do your homework instead of our own.

That having been said, there are certainly times when it''s okay to ask for a little help with something in an assignment. Just go ahead and ask the question. If it''s "how do i do it" or "where do i start," though, my answer will be, "attend lectures or ask a TA."

ben.c

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement