did they drew each of the moves in 2D action games like street fighter?

Started by
8 comments, last by mickey 22 years, 2 months ago
thanks! Edited by - mickey on February 7, 2002 12:24:27 PM
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
Advertisement
yes
Yes, Streetfighter used bitmaps rather than 3D, and each frame had to be drawn.

I''m going to go ahead and move this to Visual Arts, in case you want to follow up or turn this into a discussion on how that was done.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
How this was done: very slowly.
Just like making a cartoon - frame by frame. Check the credits list on any game nowdays - the artists FAR outweigh the programmers. Game art is a huge market and will continue to be so.

Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
Look for a program called MUGEN.
It''s an engine that allows you to make games like Street Fighter.
The cool thing is that lots of people like arcade game, so they went and took ALL the sprites from the original games.
Each character has easily a few hundreds pictures...

(sorry for the short message, but I am looking after an exam here )

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
landsknecht: what do you mean that their a whole lot more opportunities to artists than game programmers?
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
What I mean is pretty simple. Take a modern development team... Probably has 3-5 programmers... and also has 7-10 artists. More artist than programmers means more opportunity for artists. They are not more important or anything - it''s just that their role is getting larger in the business.

Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
quote:Original post by Landsknecht
What I mean is pretty simple. Take a modern development team... Probably has 3-5 programmers... and also has 7-10 artists. More artist than programmers means more opportunity for artists. They are not more important or anything - it''s just that their role is getting larger in the business.

Landsknecht

you are right, artist is more valious that programmers. Tough, lawyers is more important that artist and programmers :-(

But, game-artist is a wide proffesion :
-sound
-2d
-3d
-texture
-level editor
-pre-skeetches

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
poor me... who is someone who doesn''t know how to draw but is willing to learn but doesn''t know where to start....hu-hu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement