Iso Game Prog with DX7 - help

Started by
4 comments, last by szcott 22 years, 1 month ago
Trying to run Hex Example from appx B. It compiles with no errors puts up a black screen then quits back to editor. The precompiled version runs ok. Seems none of the graphics are loading, but I think Ive got all settings made.
Advertisement
Give me link and I try ask.
you''re trying to compile what''s on the CD?
i mean are you making sure you have all the files in the right directory?
you of course included the .lib files necessary to run it..?
i just don''t remember at which point of the book you''re referenced to appendix b, so i''m not sure what else to check you for..

wait a second, you just said 2 things..
1.the file opens and closes -> usually initialization error
2.graphics won''t load -> black screen but nothing else unless you have error checking on things like loading the graphics.
try adding error checking code on the directx initialization and other things that can cause problems.

but generally, if you can, try posting more information than just "i think i have all the settings correct".
for all i know, the program might be trying to set up some resolution that your screen just doesn''t support while the precompiled version might be set to something specific.

//Demiurge
Make something idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot..
//DemiurgeMake something idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot..
Demiurge "Make something idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.." <- i just have to say thats the funniest thing i have seen on these forums, good work.
Demiurge "Make something idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.." <- i just have to say thats the funniest thing i have seen on these forums, good work.
I was wondering...I think this is a WinXP thing, but the optimized drawing code, which doesn't redraw the entire screen, doesn't erase the mouse pointers. I just leaves a trail of them, but it gets erased as either you scroll it off the screen, or put a tree over the cursor. It runs OK under WinME i believe. Is there anyway to fix that besides creating your own mouse cursor and hiding the normal windows one?

Chris

Edited by - zel0 on February 28, 2002 12:53:04 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement