Embedded VB 3.0

Started by
3 comments, last by Indy 22 years, 2 months ago
Could somebody help in a problem I have with eVB? It''s to do with opening text files. When I issue: File1.Open "\MyTextFile.txt",fsModeInput I just get an error reporting the file cannot be found. Now I''m pretty sure the file exists. Any ideas? Thanks Indy
Indy
Advertisement
i am unsure how the file system works in what you are using, but ussually \ means root directory and .\ means current directory.
True what you say, but that still doesn''t work. I have put the file on c: and tried the "\filename" - still error. The help file that occompanies the VB editor is useless as it gives the syntax and nothing else. It didn''t even tell me that I had to create a File object, I found that from an article on some web site.

Thanks for trying..

Indy
Indy
Sorry if I''m on the wrong track here, but if you''re running this in eVB, shouldn''t the file be in a directory on the portable device, rather than on your c: drive?
WinCE 3.0 devices have no concept of the present working directory when it comes to opening files, FYI. If you''re running it in the emulator you have to find the directory it uses as the emulator''s base somewhere in the SDK directory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement