How can I make mods??

Started by
10 comments, last by tuxx 22 years, 1 month ago
That''s assuming it''s a multiplayer mod. Which most are, of course.

I made mods for Half-Life and Unreal Tournament. Both are good, however Unreal Tournament was better because the code is much better organized. With Half-Life, I was always jumping from place to place searching through the code to find how to do something. UT uses UnrealScript but it''s very similar to C++/Java and takes no time to get used to.

I actually wrote a couple of Half-Life modding tutorials when I was into it. If you''re interested, there''s one on creating new entities that you can place in a level using Worldcraft and load in your code, and there''s one on creating a Star Wars-type blaster.

Or you can download the code for a mod I started for Unreal Tournament here. There''s a website with screenshots here.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Advertisement
I''d have 2 say that the VALVE-ERC is the best place 2 go, if u r making HL Mods...(www.valve-erc.com) there r lots of people on there who would help u... u need 2 be able 2 map, code,texture, or model ... but, i''d say if u want a good FPS, HL or Unreal would probably b the way 2 go... if u need the HL SDK, goto www.valvesoftware.com
-=Game Programmer=-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement