Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving MFC Source :: C++

This topic is 5783 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I started an MFC sample program that Prosise include in his book. I would like to save the source code, but not the enter project. Note that I started the project using AppWizard. What files do I have to save from the project so I can always open that project up again? Do I have to save the entire probject including Debug? I have not save and/or remove any files yet because I do not work to lose any resource files. Thanks, Kuphryn Edited by - kuphryn on February 15, 2002 9:14:37 PM

All source files, .dsp, .dsw, .plg (basically everything in the main directory). The rest will be rebuilt (ignore Debug, Release, etc).

I wanna work for Microsoft!
[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

.plg = build log. really ugly and annoying HTML log file generated by MSVC by default. You can turn this off in the build options.

Other files you don''t need to archive:
*.aps
*.clw
*.opt
*.ncb

(These are all generated files)

Removing these files (and the Debug/Release directories) will minimize the size of your archiving.

Cheers,
-scott

Thanks.

I have an idea for Microsoft. Microsoft should design a feature that can compress all *required* files into a zip/rar. Visual C++ exclude all temporary files. The programmers will only need to unzip it.

Kuphryn

quote:
Original post by kuphryn
I have an idea for Microsoft. Microsoft should design a feature that can compress all *required* files into a zip/rar. Visual C++ exclude all temporary files. The programmers will only need to unzip it.

Even better, you can write a Visual Studio add-in that will do that at the click of a button (just like VisualAssist is a Visual Studio add-in).

I wanna work for Microsoft!
[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!