Saving MFC Source :: C++

Started by
7 comments, last by kuphryn 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi. I started an MFC sample program that Prosise include in his book. I would like to save the source code, but not the enter project. Note that I started the project using AppWizard. What files do I have to save from the project so I can always open that project up again? Do I have to save the entire probject including Debug? I have not save and/or remove any files yet because I do not work to lose any resource files. Thanks, Kuphryn Edited by - kuphryn on February 15, 2002 9:14:37 PM
Advertisement
All source files, .dsp, .dsw, .plg (basically everything in the main directory). The rest will be rebuilt (ignore Debug, Release, etc).

I wanna work for Microsoft!
[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
.plg = build log. really ugly and annoying HTML log file generated by MSVC by default. You can turn this off in the build options.

Other files you don''t need to archive:
*.aps
*.clw
*.opt
*.ncb

(These are all generated files)

Removing these files (and the Debug/Release directories) will minimize the size of your archiving.

Cheers,
-scott
Okay. Thanks.

Kuphryn
If you make folders to organize your project, don''t whack the .clw file.

I think ncb -> Normally Corrupt Bucket O'' bits, delete him regularily.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Thanks.

I have an idea for Microsoft. Microsoft should design a feature that can compress all *required* files into a zip/rar. Visual C++ exclude all temporary files. The programmers will only need to unzip it.

Kuphryn
quote:Original post by kuphryn
I have an idea for Microsoft. Microsoft should design a feature that can compress all *required* files into a zip/rar. Visual C++ exclude all temporary files. The programmers will only need to unzip it.

Even better, you can write a Visual Studio add-in that will do that at the click of a button (just like VisualAssist is a Visual Studio add-in).

I wanna work for Microsoft!
[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
There''s a "Clean" item on the Build menu which deletes most of the unneeded files
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Okay.

The Clean feature removes most temporary files except for the *.ncb.

Kuphryn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement