VC++ Question

Started by
2 comments, last by DeltaI 22 years, 1 month ago
Ok, I''m not sure of the actual name of this, but usually when you type out a function and type the first ''('', a little box appears, showing the prototype of the function, bolding the parameter you''re up to. There''s also a dropbox that appears when you enter the name of a struct variable, or a class, and type the ''.'', giving a selection of every valid thing you can add afterwards. My problem is that sometimes, especially when working on learning DirectX, those boxes stop appearing. I tried to find the option to turn them on and off, but I haven''t had any luck. Long question made short, what are those boxes called, and how do you get them to work for DirectX functions? ''''You shall be as Gods!'''' Xenogears ''''You work on the salads until you get killed!'''' Space Ghost C2C
''You shall be as Gods!'' Xenogears''You handle the salads until you get killed!'' Space Ghost C2C
Advertisement
This should help.

Invader X
Invader''s Realm
Excellent. Thank you, Invader. I didn''t see that on my browse through the boards.

''''You shall be as Gods!'''' Xenogears
''''You handle the salads until you get killed!'''' Space Ghost C2C
''You shall be as Gods!'' Xenogears''You handle the salads until you get killed!'' Space Ghost C2C
Ok, this is a wierd problem. I downloaded Visual Assistant, and it didn''t fix anything. So then I uninstalled it, and like magic, all the IntelliSense worked for DirectX! So, into my code converting (replacing GDI drawing with DirectX), I noticed that in my Game_Init(), the IntelliSense stopped working. After some random playing, I found that it only stopped working after the first line:

srand(unsigned(time(NULL)));

After more playing, I discovered that it was the unsigned() that did it. Anytime I changed that type casting call, the IntelliSense worked... Wierd, huh? Anybody have any ideas?

I know it''s not code critical. I just like to know what''s going on behind the scenes.

''''You shall be as Gods!'''' Xenogears
''''You handle the salads until you get killed!'''' Space Ghost C2C

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement