texture question

Started by
3 comments, last by rwhit 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I''m using the MD2 model-loading source from the GL Book in the same scene as another class I''ve made. This other class takes a pointer to another class that ends up calling glTexImage2D(). Anyway, the models display fine until I introduce my homemade class into the scene. I have a "guy" and a "gun" in my scene. Your random every-day enemy .md2, and his gun also in form of md2. The guy draws fine, but the gun is covered in the texture I used in my class (a grass texture for the terrain), instead of the actual gun texture. My class simply uses glTexImage2D() to apply the texture, and then draws a series of quads. I am not sure why its texture is making itself persistant and is being displayed when some other texture is supposed to. I hope I have been semi-clear, and I''ve run out of places to ask. Please ask me if you have any uncertanties, I''d really like some help. Thanks.
-rw
Advertisement
It sounds like you are using the same texture ID when you load the grass texture as for when you load the gun texture. Make sure they are different.
I was never taught to use glBindTexture, if this is what you are referring to. Instead (at school) we designed a class that has a pointer to the image data and simply applies the texture. We instantiate a variable of this type and call its member function glTexImage2D() which then calls ::glTexImage2D(...). Nowhere do we call glBindTexture(). Should I call glBindTexture() with a new index num before I load my models?

-rw
-rw
Hope this helps, I added two more MD2s to the scene...

DisplayMD2Interpolate(guy);
DisplayMD2Interpolate(gun);
glTranslated(30, 0, 0);
DisplayMD2Interpolate(sodguy);
DisplayMD2Interpolate(sodgun);
glPopMatrix();

static GLBitmap g("grass.bmp");
glPushMatrix();
g.glTexImage2D();

It seems that whatever is the LAST MD2 to be drawn is covered in the grass texture. What would cause this?
-rw
You have to do a GenTextures for a unique ID, and a bind for every texture you load.

Then a bind and render for each one drawn with.

zin

zintel.com - 3d graphics & more or less
zintel.com - 3d graphics & more or less

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement