newbie question....

Started by
2 comments, last by grafix 22 years, 2 months ago
if i use glutMousefunc(....) and want my program to respond to a mouse wheel scroll up/down event ... how do i do it? what are the button, states for mouse scroll wheel ??? secondly, someone please tell me the importance and difference between the 3 matrices : projection, modelview and texture ? how do i know why, when and which to use in my code ? u guys hav been a big help till now. so, thanx for everythin.
Advertisement
You don''t. The mouse wheel isn''t supported by glut.

You use the projection matrix to setup... your projection (perspective, orthoscopic... the transformation from world coordinates to screen coordinates).

You use the modelview matrix to place your camera, your objects...

The texture matrix... is used with textures... but I don''t much about it.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
thanx a lot abt the matrix part.

but plz tell me more abt the mouse scroll wheel
if not glut then what else do i use for a mouse scroll wheel callback

You can always try to add mouse wheel support to GLUT (get the code, look how the mouse buttons are implemented). Check the XWindow or MSDN documentation, depending on your system.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement