Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quake2 .bsp A polygon mess

This topic is 5784 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, A mess is what i have. What i would like is a mesh. I''m attempting to write a Q2 bsp to AC3D(A shareware modeller)file converter. So far i have extracted the vertices and written them to an AC3D file. Everything looks fine. Now here is my problem. I loop through the FACES get the FirstIndex and NumberofEdges Get the Edges Index from the FaceEgde[FirstIndex]< NumberofEdges. Get the Two Vertices from the Edge array. I understand that if my FaceEdge Index is a minus i must swap the Vertices. What I NEED TO KNOW is am i reading things correctly!! To help me would be to email me the all vertices in a txt file first 100 FirstIndex and NumberofEdges in a txt file first 100 FaceEgde indecies... first 100 Edge array indecies... of the first level of Quake2 (base1.bsp) I know i''m asking alot here from someone, but i can''t really do much more until i know i''m loading everything properly. Next problem is, are the triangle in each Face rendered as a TRIANGLE FAN and if so how can i convert this to triangles because AC3D only loads Triangles and Lines. Hope someone can help regards Mark