OpenGL

Started by
7 comments, last by inter 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi! Does OpenGL games runs faster than C++ games? Thanx Regards Jonas www.htmltutorial.co.uk
Jonas
Advertisement
Umm... Most openGL games are written in C++. Maybe you meant openGL vs. direct3d? in that case have fun with the flame war.
Well it depends on what you try first. usally the first you learn is easier, but i think openGl is easier, even tho i started with directX. But when i started directX it was also like the first year i started programming, I couldn''t even write a class correctly by then, so its probly just cause i was new at programming.
btw, they are roughly equal, mainly because they both access the hardware directly, not through windows.
QBASIC is the way forward. All modern games are written in it, like Quake3 etc. Gorillas is a good example of what it''s capable of.
QBASIC??? dont make me laugh. There is no way...

C++ is the dominating launguge, except for java, but java can only do so much...and it will die down soon, the novelty is over.

I hated QBASIC, infact i hated basic period, its WAY to diverse, you cant change code from one basic program to another basic compiler without rewritting the whole thing.

Edited by - DarkHunter on February 16, 2002 5:18:49 PM
DarkHunter: Yeah, pretty ridiculous that he''d say that QBASIC is the future, eh? Which is why it was obviously a JOKE!

BTW, the original poster didn''t mention anything about DirectX. There''s no need to turn this into a DX vs. OGL debate.
No, QBasic is really good. Didn''t you know QBas-GL3D ? It''s a more powerful 3D API than C++ or DirectInput, and beats other programing languages such as MFC or GDI by far ! Let me just quote John Carmack: "This is why I wrote Quake3 in QBasic, using QBas-GL3D ! It is just more powerful than games written in OpenGL OOP using the C++ 3D API !". I think, this say enough about the quality of QBasic. And Microsoft just announced QBasic++.NET ! This is going to be even better. The syntax is so extremely clean and easy to understand, even cleaner than Perl source !
sry i probly seem pretty stupid there. Just pretend i never sent that...i am smarter then that...

wow...i really feel stupid, ok ya im just gunna turn off the computer, better go get some sleep. ill holla

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement