Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cooperative level and resolution in DX8

This topic is 5776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Set Windowed to FALSE in D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS when calling IDirect3D8::CreateDevice. This will give you fullscreen in whatever resolution you want, as long as it''s supported. As far as I know, there is no such thing as "exclusive mode" for D3D8.

Oh well, resolution is fine. However there still is this problem with the game window - you see, if I push some buttons (like control or del), especially if together with the arrows keys (I''m using them for the game controls), the window sometimes freezes the way it does when you de-select a window. So I can''t use the keys I need and I was also wondering if I''m sharing resources.
Is there a way I can disable the key commands that will disable the window?

Are your talking about all those key combos that can be used to navigate windows? If you are than all of those commands will send a message to your window. You can then intercept the message yourself (don''t let windows get it) and do whatever you need to do so that your window won''t go out of focus.

My understanding is that windows applications will always be sharing resources with other applications as long as other applications are running. That''s the thing when programming for the windows environment; different apps get there own thread (multithreading) and those threads share the system''s reasources (CPU time, memory, whatever).