Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reference book for visual c++

This topic is 5783 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What do you mean by "learning visual c++"? Visual C++ is an IDE and compiler. Do you mean you want to learn to use the IDE? Or do you mean you want to learn the Microsoft specific technologies such as the Win32 API, MFC, COM, ATL, etc, etc?

I haven''t read any books which specifically teach using Visual C++, but for the other things I mentioned I like the following books:

Win32: Programming Windows by Charles Petzold.
MFC: Programming Windows with MFC by Jeff Prosise.
COM: Inside COM by Dale Rogers and Essential Com by Don Box.
ATL: Inside ATL by Shepherd and King.

--
Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex minds.

i means:

1. the books that tell you how to use the ide and low level debuger.

2. the books that tell you the data type and structure used by microsoft, win32 api and mfc.

is this book useful?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/186100088X/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/102-2176988-4128127

quote:
Original post by superpeter
i means:

1. the books that tell you how to use the ide and low level debuger.

2. the books that tell you the data type and structure used by microsoft, win32 api and mfc.

I''ve provided some suggestions for #2. I don''t know about #1.

quote:

is this book useful?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/186100088X/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/102-2176988-4128127

Don''t know. I would imagine you would find it more useful than me. I actually have a copy I got for free lying around somewhere, but I''ve never even opened it.

--
The Dilbert Principle: People are idiots.