[java] JDK 1.4

Started by
6 comments, last by ServantOfGlaaki 22 years, 1 month ago
Does anyone here have a fast connection? If so, would you mind downloading the JDK 1.4, and uploading it to some webspace for me (I think I can supply the webspace)? It''s just that 40 megs or so without download managers is virtually impossible on a 56.6k modem (especially one that only connects at 33.6...) Any help would be really appreciated...
And a woman needs a man... like a fish needs a bicycle...[U2 - Tryin' to throw your arms around the world]
Advertisement

How is that different from downloading the JDK from Sun?
I must be missing something really obvious.
神はサイコロを振らない!
I just downloaded Forte from Sun, with Getright, no problems, all you have to do is right click on the download link, and do a copy link location, getright will pop up asking where you want it, then just change the mirrors, and do it again (so getright has more sites to check for speed).

Yeah, Forte will download with download managers because it''s a direct download, linked the the .exe file itself.

The SDK uses what I guess is some servlet type thing, so that download managers can''t be used: trust me, I''ve tried using about 3 or 4 different ones, but none of them work.
And a woman needs a man... like a fish needs a bicycle...[U2 - Tryin' to throw your arms around the world]
Does the license really allow you to download and distribute the JDK? I believe the reason why they have made it so hard to download is to ensure that people are forced to go via the license page.
I managed to download the jdk using download accelerator. Just clicking on one the http download buttons caused DA to figure it out, and grab the link.
I click on the button, wait til it starts downloading and then copy the address from the little download window.
quote:Original post by c_wraith
I managed to download the jdk using download accelerator. Just clicking on one the http download buttons caused DA to figure it out, and grab the link.

Yeah, same here. That was actually the reason I installed it because Gozilla wouldn''t work when I download the 1.3 JDK a while back.

- Kaijin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement