• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff D

Making a dynamic array

This topic is 5941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I got my graphics engine with this in it: CHAR_INFO *m_pciMainScreen; so in a member function of that class I did this: m_pciMainScreen = new CHAR_INFO[m_cdScreenSize.X * m_cdScreenSize.Y] m_cdScreenSize is a COORD struct now my question is where do I put the brackets for the array part I tried: m_pciMainScreen[0]->Char.AsciiChar = ''A'' but that doesn''t seem to work. I tried many other places and nothing works to well. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff D

Advertisement
Im getting a little better I tried this:

(*m_pciMainScreen[0]).Char.AsciiChar = 218;

and it looks a little better I just get this now:
--------------------Configuration: Anshure - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
GraphicEngine.cpp
C:\Windows\Desktop\Projects\Anshure\GraphicEngine.cpp(62) : error C2100: illegal indirection
C:\Windows\Desktop\Projects\Anshure\GraphicEngine.cpp(62) : warning C4305: ''='' : truncation from ''const int'' to ''char''
C:\Windows\Desktop\Projects\Anshure\GraphicEngine.cpp(62) : warning C4309: ''='' : truncation of constant value
Error executing cl.exe.

Anshure.exe - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

Jeff D

No need to help I fixed it on my own all I had to do was:

(m_pciMainScreen[0]).Char.AsciiChar = 218;

I think Im starting to get the hang of this!

Jeff D

Edited by - Jeff D on February 17, 2002 11:32:13 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!