Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loading bitmap from .zip to DX surface

This topic is 5780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''m trying to load my bitmaps from an uncompressed .zip file. I find the bitmap in the file and I can copy the bitmap data to a buffer. My problem is, I don''t know how to make this buffer into a surface. Any ideas? Be extensive in your explanations if possible, as I''m a new to c++ and dx. Thanks.

quote:
Original post by ge0rge
Hello,
I''m trying to load my bitmaps from an uncompressed .zip file. I find the bitmap in the file and I can copy the bitmap data to a buffer. My problem is, I don''t know how to make this buffer into a surface. Any ideas? Be extensive in your explanations if possible, as I''m a new to c++ and dx.
Thanks.

Tell please how you copy bitmap data to a buffer.. and maybe i can help.

hi,

If you want to know you can load uncompressed zip-files read the tutorial "Reading Zip-Files" at this page : http://epicboy.flipcode.com/

and then if you have loaded an texture from this zip-file, use this Directx 8.1 function D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx() to load an texture from memory.

Hope this helps :D

Mfg Impz0r