Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaXen

Need a textured + shaded tri filler

Hello, Does anyone have a tri filler that supports U/V texture mapping AND gouraud shading written in C/C++? I don''t need perspective correct texture mapping or anything fancy. I''m making a model viewer for my game engine that runs under Windows, so 24bit color would be used, not 8bit indexed w/ lightmap. Any help would be VERY helpful! Thanks! -- Dan

you probably do need perspective correction else it''ll look rubbish and the textures''ll move around on the triangles as the model is rotated!
There''s a big pile of sites around, but it''s surprisingly difficult to find stuf on trinagle shaders cos so few people bother anymore (unlike me!)
If I assume you can do I triangle filler basically then here''s how to extend it to gourad and textures:
Each vertex has x,y,z coords, also r,g,b colour info and u,v texture coords.
Before you found how much z changes as you cahnge the x & y values across the triangle. Now you do the same for r,g,b,u,v. Instead of writing the z value at each pixel to a zbuffer, you also get the colour info from the interpolated r,g,b values and the texture coordinate from the interpolated u & v values.

If you don''t understand tri-fillers at all let me know and I''ll try and write a very basic one for you.