• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lestat3D

MULTITHREADING PROBLEM

This topic is 6087 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I wanted to make my game a multithreaded app for a while but I don''t know how, did you make a class to handle the threads or you''re just using it with the win32 api functions? how could I manage the threads whitin my app? I''ve always done it with delphi, but I need to do it with VC++ in Win32. thnx.

Advertisement
The C std function you're looking for depends on your implementation; there's no standard way to do threads in C, but most implementations have a way. If you're talking Unix land, fork is what you want. MSVC has a function called "beginthread" and one called "beginthreadex". I'm not sure about other compilers.

As far as using classes goes, depends on if that makes sense for your current design.

Edited by - Stoffel on February 18, 2002 12:03:44 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!