• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fratt

any interrest in it ?

This topic is 5941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello all of you, i''m pratically new here. i''m making a library for creating 3D real-time games: this is not only an engine, but more: i want it to manage all a game and not only the rendering. It must be a complete set for making any games (first person shoot, races -with car or..., plane simulation). It must be easy at use. i''m working on it since around 1 year. i''m not an expert, i learn how to do. I use C++ for doing that. At this time, it''s based on glut (but want to use glx and wgl for best performances). it works under linux and windows. At the beginning, i wanted to use an existing engine as plib or sdl or Crystal... but i found that making my own engine would be better and almost more interressant for knowledge. it could use one actor in a world and move it by interactivity. it does simplist collisions, can make objects follow the relief. it load 3DS (and ASE) 3D models ( i want blender too), and use RGB images (and TGA in development). I want it be optimized for nvidia cards. It lacks physics stuffs as making a car glide when turning too fast, or manage its acceleration (for now it''s concentrated on a car). it lacks network utilities too. and it lacks opengl advanced technics as multi texture, graphic memory allocation, and many other that i don''t still know. it''s only a project and is under the LGPL/GPL licenses. it uses CVS for the development. now, about me: my name is J-D Frattini, i''m french. i''ve got a scientific BAC and now i''m learning to be a developer for client-server applications (2 years over the BAC). I''m alone in the development but some people are (or have) helping (helped) me a bit. if anyone is interrested, please wrote me at jide@tuxfamily.org this is serious. cordially, Fratt thanx for your attention.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!