Mortal Wombat

Started by
10 comments, last by drdarkon 22 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know that I just finished my first game! I am very proud of it. It is a very simple concept with a corny name. It''s Mortal Wombat, you take control of either a wombat or a teddy bear and battle it out over 5 rounds. I did this game in about 5 days. I just wanted you all to know about it, test it out and tell me what you think. Also, keep in mind, the teddy bear has more turbo and his super move does more damage, but the wombat hits for more damage. Okay I did almost all the art for this game (my friend did the sprites and the Mortal Wombat logo on the title page.) Okay play it and let me know what you think : ) Also, I am beginning the creation of a side scrolling shooter game today. I might actaully have the menu interface up later today with some basic gameplay... anyway download and enjoy! http://www.geocities.com/winter_paladin/MortalWombat.zip Okay thanks guys... it means a lot you downloading it and giving your input! How will I make my next one better?
Thanks
Advertisement
Oh yeah, by the way I forgot to mention. Make sure you keep the Mortal Wombat executable outside of the data folder. Mortal Wombat will look for Data/wombat.bmp etc... so if the .exe is in the data file it will not load teh art. Okay just incase I thought I would add that!

- Thanks again for downloading
Thanks
Heh, I like it. Good job.
Just think I''ll mention some things though (You may not have wanted this to happen.
I''m running 1024x768 mode and it plays in an overlay screen. By the looks of it, it seems that they are supposed to be walking along the start bar.
When I click on controls, the controls flash on the screen and it goes right back to the main menu. Same with the credits.
Otherwise, nice
Okay yeah I know what you mean. I wasn''t really too certain of how to go about changing screen resolution so I just made it a popup window. Hehe... my next game will be full screen. Also I didn''t plan out the menu system as I should have, I kinda just threw it together and so you have to hold down the mouse over credits and controls to view them. I originally was going to have the game start playing in the background while you eld down the key and looked at the information, and thats why I set it up, but I decided not to have it do that.

Thanks a lot for you input, I just wanted to show people my first game and see if I was on track for my next game. Thanks a bunch.
Thanks
hmm... only 1 download? Oh well...hehe
Thanks
hmm, thats okay, the animation could use some help...
Remember, it was done in like 5 days... the art for the sprites is not by me also...
Thanks
the link to download doesn''t work
Damn... it has exceeded it''s transfer limit... If anyone has time could they put it up somewhere else and give peoeple a chance to get it there. If not, it''s fine, just wait until tommorow. : )
Thanks
Can''t you host it on the GDNet Showcase, or does that just ask for a link...?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement