Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crouilla

Check out my ISO Engine

You can download it from: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rouillard/mtiso.zip Keep in mind that this is unoptimized, and I'm not too sure about my framerate calculations (but they weren't all that important to me right now -- I'm just using them as a comparison factor more than anything right now). Things of note: 1) You need DirectX 8 for this... I use DINPUT8, so it's necessary. 2) I used the bitmap map loader that I detailed in another post... if you're bored, you can actually edit the map as long as you're careful about the colors used (the map is in smap.bmp). Read my past post and look at the file to figure out how to edit it 3) The alpha.bmp file contains my font. 4) The map cursor doesn't do anything right now (well, it follows the mouse if you click and drag, but nothing useful). I also don't have my mousemapping stuff done yet. 5) Use the arrow keys to scroll the map. 6) The top-right corner map is simply the bitmap displayed (without the format column)... it isn't a "minimap" per se (there is no cursor showing where you are, though by the time I'm done, that will definitely be an option) -Chris Edited by - crouilla on February 18, 2002 5:48:14 PM Edited by - crouilla on February 18, 2002 5:50:56 PM

I ran it, got a little black box in the top left, my screen went black, then windows came back as it was and I checked my routines and found no trace of your program.

I run WIN98 on a P3 833x256 with GeForce 2 (forget which one)

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!

Hmmm... I''ve tried it on 3 machines of varying power with no problems. The only time I get something like that is when I don''t have the images in the right directory. Just unzip it all into the same directory.

I have GOT to put more debugging info into this thing.

-Chris

It worked fine for me. It's not different from other iso tests though but it's a good start. Try working out mouse mapping now. It seems like the mouse is just plotted on the screen.

[Edited by - kmsixpence on October 17, 2005 7:24:48 PM]

The mouse IS just plotted on the screen I had it there for some other testing, but zipped everything and put it on my server by the time I realized I should probably remove it.

The underlying code has a lot of utility functions that make it a lot cooler (such as the bitmap-map loading), but the front-end looks a lot like every other one we''ve seen.

-Chris

very nice.
on my computer I''ve noticed a bluring effect of the tiles,
do you wait for the vertical blank and then flip the pages?

if you do, don''t, by default the flip does the waiting for you.

cheers

(: I am what I am, more or less

hi,

hmm your demo won''t run on my pc, it starts and switch to fullscreen, the screen went black, and a few seconds later it closed automaticly and switch back the resolution.

my system :
- Windows XP
- Directx 8.1
- geforce3

hope this helps a bit

Mfg Impz0r