How DO You Guys Remember?

Started by
26 comments, last by Squeejee 22 years, 2 months ago
quote:Original post by kmsixpence
What you should know however is the function names. If you can remember them, vc++ will display the parameters.

unless you aren''t using an IDE that wipe your butt for you...
i''m playing around, please don''t anyone go and get angry
quote:Original post by Lohrno
Is it ok to use functions from books for like: Loading models,
initializing DirectX, etc. Or is that not an ok thing to do?

sure, if they work... using previously written code is a great way to get things done without wasting hours reinventing the wheel. but, you should definitely study it so you understand what is going on so you can (a) not be dependent on having that piece of code available for cut-n-paste (b) learn something useful, and (c) possibly work out a better/faster way of doing it.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Advertisement
Practice and usage is all it takes. It may seem like an overwhelming amount to learn, but think about this... How do you remember all the hundred, if not thousands, of words in your vocabulary? DirectX, OpenGL, Win32, these are just a different sort of language to learn, and I''m not speaking language as far as programming language, just continuely the analogy.
quote:Original post by NightShade
Two words - Multiple Monitors

:D

Ahh, a fubulus idea . But i hate it when game run slow because I have 2 card drives installed.

- err, the last signiture sucked bigtime!
Rate me up.
Ahhhh ok thanks =)
Yeah, of course things do not get learned when one just spits
them out but...I like to see results! =D

-Lohrno
"Search" button on MSDN is always handy =)
Signed: ___T____
I make a base program that contains initialization and other tasks that almost every program I make will need. Then, I just use that program as a starting point.
An interesting idea is to write a custom AppWizard that creates that default project, filling in certain blanks in the files with the project name. But I never bothered to write an AppWizard, which I think is VBScript.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Intelli-Sense is your friend! If you are using MSVC++6 definitly consider Visual Assist from http://www.wholetomato.com or upgrading to .NET for the ultimate in Intelli-Sense features :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement