Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pangplast

ID3DXSprite blue-box problem

Hya all! Im tring to learn hoe to use the ID3DXSprite interface to make a "speed-o-meter" on top of a 3d game. I do the following steps: * Create the ID3DXSprite interface * Load an image into a texture * call the ID3DXSprite::draw function (Between BeginScene - EndScene). However all I got was a baby blue box. So I tested the texture on a primitive and it worked so there should be nothing wrong whith the surface. I then added an alpha channel to the image and it showed (blending the baby-blue box), however no sign of the color-channels. I''ve tried it on a different computer with the same result. Anyone had this problem? .Pangplast

do you have the pSprite->Begin() and pSprite->End() somewhere around the pSprite-Draw() ??
the other problem could be the format of your pic. first my sprite-class didn''t worl too, but then using an other pic of an other format all was workin fine.

The Begin and end functions are called automaticly (as i figure it). How ever I did figure it out. The box was blue, the same as the sky which is the same as the fog. So using medival-logic I turned off fog before drawing and then turning it on again after.

Next week I''ll tell you how to use sheepbladders to prevent earthquakes.

.Pangplast