Feedback regarding OpenGL books please.

Started by
2 comments, last by Trosa_Henke 22 years, 1 month ago
I''ve been looking around for good books and it seems to me that the reference manual combined with any of the following, which I have easy access to, would be the best. Let me know if you have a better suggestion. ASTLE, DAVE & HAWKINS, KEVIN OPENGL GAME PROGRAMMING WOO, MASON OPENGL PROGRAMMING GUIDE : OFFICIAL GUIDE TO LEARNING OPENGL WRIGHT OPENGL SUPERBIBLE Which of the above should I choose if I''m new to OpenGL, and why?
Advertisement
Personally I would go for the OpenGL red and blue books, although they mainly use the auxilary library most of the information is releveant and easy to understand, plus u can download it off the internet.
I think OpenGL Game Programming combined with Nehe''s tutorials is your best bet. Use the red, blue, bible etc. as reference and plus you can download the red and blue books online I think...

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
http://bhp.e-chrono.net/
Resident expert on stuff
max621@barrysworld.com
||--------------------------||
||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
1- OpenGL Game Programming -> GREAT! The whole game engine development process. Keep in mind it''s win32 for the most part.

2- OpenGL SuperBible -> AWSOM! A perfect reference to have around, I like it a ton, and it was great during my learning of OpenGL (plus still helps me now and then).

3- Official Books -> Can''t hurt. I''d get them if I were you.

I only own 1 and 2, the official books I read online when I need them. I''d give you a link, but I didn''t save it. Google to the rescue! Good luck to you.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement