Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saber

Problems with Textures....

Hello, I getting a strange falure when compiling nehe''s lesson 6 and up that uses textures. I''m useing borland c++.. And the glut version of the code. Tested with the borland version too. These are the falures I get. Error: lesson06.cpp(76,16):Call to undefined function ''glGenTextures'' Error: lesson06.cpp(80,16):Call to undefined function ''glBindTexture'' Error: lesson06.cpp(117,16):Call to undefined function ''glBindTexture'' Anyone got any ide what migth fix it? Could it be an old version of gl.h? I''''m a newbie and Relly don''''t know anything. =)

hello,

i don''t know Borland C++ (no more in fact).
this error occurs while compiling or while linking ?

if it''s while compiling, you forgot some includes: #include <GL/glut.h> will erase this error.

if it''s while linking, just link your programm with the opengl libraries: glut32.lib, glu32.lib and opengl32.lib. this will be good then.

cordialyy,

Fratt

Hi, well you don''t have to link all the libs explicitly as they are already automatically linked by calling glut.h.
I don''t think however that you need to include glut.h as Nehe doesn''t use glut as far as I know.

Well, I found out that first I''m migth be posting in the wrong part and that my gl.h file was old. Or something like that. I corrected it now. Thx anyway.