Music for games

Started by
3 comments, last by Interim Nation 22 years, 1 month ago
I´m a Swedish artist who have written some electronic game music tracks and have a few questions that someone out there perhaps could help me with: - What file formats are most commonly use for music scores *.mp3, *.wav or any other? What quality? - Should the songs be able to loop or not? - What is the most important things about game music? If you need music for your game perhaps I can help you, just send an email. Kind regards Thomas Interim Nation +++ Music for your game +++
Interim Nation+++ Music for your game +++
Advertisement
Hi!
Nearly all points you have written down depending on the needs of your orderer! Means that the one who will pay you will also tell you the format, if you have to create a loopable track or not.
If you have to use mp3 be sure to make them at least 160kbit and 44 khz. Other formats are Redbook Audio (just normal audio cd)DirectMusic, General Midi, Audio Streaming, Tracker Music.
To explain all in detail would fill at least the whole threat.
For my understanding the most important thing about game music is that the music must integrate into the game get a part of the game. So the music have to express the main "feeling" of the game and emphasize that feeling.

so long..Conner

--------------------
www.hartwigmusic.de
Interim Nation, i emailed you about a job offer, but you haven''t replied yet..
_______________________ http://mill.3dfxsweden.net
Hi there,
I can only echo what Conner said there,
just make sure that your ready to deal with all sorts of requests you may get, learn about the different formats and their attributes, because as your making the music you''ll have to learn about what''s going to do your music justice, you might have to make a suggestion here and there, normally it''s not an option you''ll have due to game criteria but you never know, you got to be the expert.

Also try to expand on ur musical background and produce examples in just every genre, you never know what offer you might get!

good luck to us all!

Purple Hamster
Helped and be helped!
David J Franco__________________________visit www.davidjfranco.com
Hi all!

Thank you all for some great help!

I have some further questions about pricing:
- How do you charge for game music?
- How much is a resonable price?
- Fixed price or according to sales volume?
- Other good adice regarding priceing?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Thomas

Interim Nation
+++ Music for your game +++
Interim Nation+++ Music for your game +++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement